If an infected tooth is causing you discomfort, contact top-notch Boise, ID dentist at Times Square Dental for comfortable, effective root canals treatment.
Rather than referring you to an endodontic specialist, Jon Hastings, DDS and Carson Dial, DMD use modern techniques and advanced dental technologies to remove infected tissue from inside your teeth right here at our Boise, ID dentist office.
The Root Canals Treatment Process
Because of urban myths, many patients believe root canals treatment is a painful procedure. In reality, it’s no more uncomfortable than a tooth filling.
If you are nervous, our friendly staff will help put you at ease and relieve your dental anxiety with a variety of dental sedation options.
Once you are relaxed, we will:
- Carefully plan your procedure using our cutting-edge digital radiography
- Numb the area around your infected tooth to make sure you are comfortable
- Remove the pulp
- Protect your tooth with a substance called gutta-percha
Depending on your particular circumstances, we may recommend placing a dental crown to help strengthen and protect your tooth.
Issues That May Require Root Canals Treatment
There are a few different ways the interior of your teeth can become infected, including:
- Deep cavities
- Severe cracks
Caring For Your Tooth After A Root Canal
With proper care, a tooth that has undergone root canals treatment can last a lifetime. Here are a few tips to keep your tooth healthy following a root canal:
- Brush twice a day and floss at least once
- Visit Times Square Dental for regular dental cleanings and exams
- Avoid chewing on ice or other foods that can damage your teeth
Don’t put up with dental pain another day – call Times Square Dental at 208-329-6507 to find out if you need root canals treatment. You can also visit our Boise, ID dentist office in person or fill out our online form.